San Mai damascus kitchen cutter!!!

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hello and good day, I dont know what it would the profile would be considered. The blade is a High Carbon San Mai, Its a O-1 Core. damascus clading.

Thanks
Randy

IMG_7728.jpg
IMG_7725.jpg
IMG_7719.jpg
IMG_7748.jpg
IMG_7730.jpg
IMG_7731.jpg

Thanks for looking and as always comments and critiques welcomed.

If I had to name 1 name of "who is Brad's favorite custom maker", It would be Randy Haas (and Randy Jr). And THAT knife is a perfect example of why!

Very nice indeed Randy! I assume there's a layer of nickel or some such between the damascus
and the core? (BTW: I try to pedantically call that GoMai, but everyone ignores me :))

Very nice indeed Randy! I assume there's a layer of nickel or some such between the damascus
and the core? (BTW: I try to pedantically call that GoMai, but everyone ignores me :))

Im ignoring you as well! lol :p

Yep there is a nickel layer.. Really makes the cladding line POP! I have been asking Jr. to make me something like this for some time... And now that he seen it ground out.. Hes said he should of listened to me .. I bet he is going to be making me more!! :)

Thanks Guys.

Laurance. Its based of a nakiri design. But modified some. I think its gona be a well used and loved addition to her kitchen!

Thanks again Taz. Yep its stabilized quilted maple. The sclaes and the 2 back pics came in the MITH box I received this year! :) Thanks

Love it!

The blade looks like a map!! :D O1 is the sea, nickel beaches and damascus is land with it's contour lines. :D

Perhaps it's a treasure map? ;) If only we can find that little island?

Back