Safari Club International donation

bladegrinder

This will be my 24th year donating a knife to the Safari Club-Tampa Bay Chapter for their live auction.
It's going on this coming Saturday.
I have really enjoyed donating to this great organization and it's a great to be around so many like minded folks for an evening.
a lot of these folks have used my knives all over the world and given me pictures of them in use.....unfortunately I can't post them anywhere because of all the anti hunters and lefties running loose.

This is my second blade with a hamon, it's 1075 heat treated to 59-60, finished to 2000 grit, with Bocote scales with black liners, black G10 bolsters, nickel silver pins and lanyard hole and hand stitched sheath.

cCtvWbh.jpg

1k9LpEt.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guy's. Chris, those aren't actually book marked. I had a board about 3' long and cut out two pieces about a foot apart to get that look.
I like using Bocote, funny thing is it's not expensive or rare, usually the grain is just straight, all light or all dark.
when you first cut or sand it it's kind of yellow but darkens up over a short time.
it's kind of oily and only needs waxing when finished.
once I put some tru oil on a piece to see what would happen and three days later is still didn't cure, it seemed to pull oil out of the wood.
I'm pretty sure any effort to stabilize it would probably turn into some sort of mess.

Real nice Steve! The whole world has gotten so politically correct, one wrong word, picture, or so many other things and before you know it someone's career is over!!

This is an example as to why knife makers are the greatest people on earth. It is better to give than to receive. Knife makers are givers and that makes them awesome. Very nice donation by the way!! Good looking knife/sheath. It should do really well.

This will be my 24th year donating a knife to the Safari Club-Tampa Bay Chapter for their live auction.
It's going on this coming Saturday.
I have really enjoyed donating to this great organization and it's a great to be around so many like minded folks for an evening.
a lot of these folks have used my knives all over the world and given me pictures of them in use.....unfortunately I can't post them anywhere because of all the anti hunters and lefties running loose.

This is my second blade with a hamon, it's 1075 heat treated to 59-60, finished to 2000 grit, with Bocote scales with black liners, black G10 bolsters, nickel silver pins and lanyard hole and hand stitched sheath.

cCtvWbh.jpg

1k9LpEt.jpg
Love it!

Back