S30V Tanto, Peel Ply G10, stainless fittings and Kydex horizontal rig

Frank Hunter

Here's the latest one finished up - there were some stones and fossilized chunks in the work progression amongst other things and now that they've passed I'm finishing the knives up pretty fast. This one is Japanese inspired off of all the awesome tanto style blades I've seen lately. It's got more of a sweeping point than the chisel grind I typically am drawn to - I'm liking it more and more as I look it over. It's got a 5 7/8" blade of .200 thick CPM S30V from Aldo Bruno, 10.5" overall length with a satin finish, 304 stainless mitered bolsters, and 1/4" thick black G10 fiberglass Peel Ply handle scales. The best part is that this long narrow sweeping style fit a leftover off of a wide 2.5" section of the S30V perfectly and I've got enough left in other drops for two more on the same pattern. I built a lightweight Kydex horizontal sheath with a Tek-Loc to fit it. Let me know what you think, thanks for looking!

IMG_3709.jpgIMG_3710.jpgIMG_3714.jpgIMG_3718.jpgIMG_3725.jpgIMG_3727.jpgIMG_3728.jpgIMG_3739.jpgIMG_3747.jpgIMG_3750.jpg

Back