Randall knife

K

kimmolilja

Hi knife dogers.
I have this knife but i dont know so much about it. It says mod 44 back of the sheath and it's in mint condition. I would be glad if some of you could tell me some history of it and what it can be worth.
/Kimmo Lilja
ett-105.jpg

tv-104.jpg

tre-81.jpg

fyra-68.jpg

fem-40.jpg

sex-22.jpg

sjy-9.jpg

tta-5.jpg

nio-3.jpg

tio-1.jpg

I believe what you have is a Model 4-4 1/2. The catalog shows it with a leather handle and list price with leather handle is $345. I would imagine that the stag handle is an upgrade but not sure of the upgrade charge by Randall for stag. If I am correct, $345 is a base to go off of. It is worth "at least" that price. As we all know, a Randall in hand brings more than a Randall on factory order.

I'm no expert but looking at the condition, I'm 100% certain it's worth holding on to. I don't know how to tell when it was made, but that's a classic Randall design that's been around for a long time. It will only increase in value. Beautiful knife and great pics, thanks for sharing.

If it was mine I wouldn't let it go for less than $600, and it would sell FAST at that price, even if it's only a few years old. Seriously.

Thank's for your info. I had some info to it to be from late 1960 s. Fantastic this knife beeing so old.

Yes, that claim is supported by the sheath, it is a so called " rough back" sheath and Randall's sheath maker stopped making those in the early 80 ies, I believe.

Back