Prayer/Testimony/Bible Study/Devotion/ Chat thread..

Battle Creek Knives

Here we can share testimonies, inspirational scriptures, news and events, prayer requests, victory reports,Bible Study, etc..

I will start out by saying I came to Jesus July, 5th 1998 and was Baptized in 'Jesus Name'..

I married my pastors niece and since had 3 beautiful children.. We moved from SoCal (born/raised) to my wife's hometown in Tulsa, OK 5 yrs ago...

Since my rebirth I had been attending an Apostolic church, I was very involved in the ministry and playing bass for services and choir.. 2 yrs ago I had a fallout with my pastor, in a nut shell I had some questions he couldn't answer and told me I'd be sending my family to hell if I didn't come back..

Some of you may be familiar with the Jesus Only movement (Oneness) and understand what I've been through, sad thing is most my wife's family are apostolic's and have since shunned us after we left..

I'm so glad that I have found His love again openly and honestly, I can now listen to Christian music and not be so judgmental toward it because they don't have (the full truth).... I may have turned my back on a cult but I will never turn away from God...

Glory to God,

Rob

Very interesting Rob.

I was born again in late summer of '97.
My wife was born and raised southern Baptist. I was raised in the military and only attended a few Methodist services during my upbringing. Its funny because I never looked for God, but my entire life I have had a deep respect for "the church". To me it was just something I didnt understand, but it wasnt to be messed with or made fun of.
I lost my right leg above the knee in the fall of 1981 when I was 20 years old. I nearly died...yet I didnt look for God. My attitude was upbeat...I thought I would easily rebound...and there wasnt anything I couldnt do when I set my mind to it. In short, I didnt need God.
My first wife and I divorced about a year later. I was left alone with a 2 year old daughter, no job, and a determination that I could still make it on my own.
All my friends had been trying to set me up on blind dates and hook me up with friends. I was a little hesitant to get involved with anyone. I felt I had enough problems that adding anything else to my life would just make it that much harder.

....due to 1500 word limit I will continue below

I married the woman that God had intended for me on July 28 1985. A kentucky girl with blazing blue eyes and a figure that would bring about world peace.
Together we struggled to raise three kids and become the all american family. I got a college degree and began a career in engineering. We struggled like everyone else, but life wasnt bad.
My wife started attending different churches in our area. She was looking for something, but she didnt know what. She fnally settled on a small baptist church and soon made friends with several members of the church. On several occassions she would bring a group of her church friends home with her after services and they would set about trying to explain God, Jesus, and salvation to me. But I wasnt wanting anything to do with it.
In the evenings and on weekends when I was going about the chores of maintaining a household, she would come to me and ask me to listen as she read from the bible something she had found interesting. I would listen to her out of respect, but not really be interested. After some time it started to annoy me. The visits from church members and the constant barrage of Christian indoctrination was getting to me.
At this time I was in the middle of building a garage. As I worked I started listening to a Christian radio station that ran a lot of pastor/teachers and also a program called "to every man an answer". I was bent on finding out all I could about the bible so I could state my postion in opposition to what I was being told.

It took a while, but I learned a great deal about the bible from the radio. I had built myself a small arsenal of information in which to combat those who would convert me.

One night beside my bed I prayed in ernest for the first time. I admitted that I believed God was real and that I didnt understand, but if he was willing to accept me, I would make myself a willing and accepting vessle for his will. Then I waited for this huge and unbelieveable transformation that everyone had taken place after they prayed for forgiveness. Nothing.

I went to bed, and soon fell asleep wondering why I didnt feel "different".

When I woke up in the morning I felt different. I couldnt describe it. Free...happy...forgiven...a new creation.

I attended the same small church my wife had been going to, but after a few years the Lord led me to a different church where I could learn and grow. I went to bible college...changed churches a couple more times....

Right now I do not have a church I call home. I am still looking. I attend different churches on Sundays but have not felt led to join.
God has a plan for me, I am waiting for him to guide me.

As Randy Haas says...God is good all the time.

Eric

...sorry, I talk too much.

That's Awesome, I used to listen to the same program... still do when it comes on from time to time..

After my (re transformation) from my previous "doctrinal belief system" :D we have yet to commit to a home church, although we've been going to one now for a little over a year I haven't felt a need to get 'involved'..

until recently......

I used to play music but haven't really played anything for a couple years now, but for the last several months I've felt a tug to get involved in the music dept, but after what I've been through the last decade I'm a little hesitant to commit to anything church related...

Wednesday I went to another church that is only 20 mins from where I live, nondenominational.. it was a trip .. they had the Bible study in their cafe, free food and drinks while you go over your hand out sheet.. Anyhow I talked with the pastor afterword and was suppose to attend this morning but my wife's sick and we got up to late.. I plan to attend again this Wednesday and for sure next Sunday God willing...

and if I don't feel its a fit, there's one other church we want to try before I commit to the church we've been attending..

to be continued: :)

I grew up in a Baptist church that, to say in the least, was a dead end church... I did come to God and accepted Him as my personal savior through the church, but I had a huge falling out with Him shortly after the church closed. I spent a couple of years trying to avoid God and Godly issues and decided to live filled with sin... A couple of years ago, a family friend passed away do to a solo car accident, and it kinda woke me up spiritually. I realized that I wasn't invincible and needed to fill the huge void in my life with something rather than useless objects.

Since then I have recommitted my faith and have been an active member in a E. Free church. This past year, I met an amazing lady through church and we've grown stronger in our faith and in our relationship.

Our small town has been through a lot in the past years with the deaths of more than 6 youth. Over half of these deaths were vehicle related... It is amazing to see a God loving community come together and support families in their grief. Looking back at my stupidity over the years, really makes me wonder why anyone would want to live a life like that. I'm glad I got right with Him when I did!

Hi Eric, it means Evangelical Free or EFCA. I can pm you some more information if you would like.

Good morning, I just finished my daily prayer and Bible reading. As usual I feel refreshed and ready to take on the day.I encourage every one to start their day this way.

Goob morning! And God bless you all!
Calvin

Calvin I agree and couldn't be more convicted right about now... :D

thanks for posting that and you're right just something about being connected in prayer just gives you that energy to take on the world... !!

take care,

It is great to find this thread, finding other brothers in CHRIST, I find a battle in life every day, but go into all of them through prayer. I'm not much of a talker but a good listener. Thanks guys and thank GOD for your fellowship......Dave

Back