Praise and Prayer

baddog

I've been out of work for over a year. God has been good to us, always providing for us in one way or another. It has been very humbling to have to ask for help and receiving things from unexpected sources.

Prayer request:
After many months of not getting much response in my quest for a job, God opened a door for me. A former co worker called me up an said that they had a position for me. The only thing that is holding things back is that the need to get the contract awarded to them. Once this is done, they will be able to hire me.

Thank you for your prayers!

Thank you Lord for the owners of this forum who provided a place for us knifedogs to fellowship.

Ric

One of our fellow knifedogs, and brother in the lord, has as part of his signature the phrase "God is good, all the time".
It helps to be reminded of that, because I know that I am not.
Calvin, in another post here reflected that some of the best advice he had been given was to test everything in the light of scripture.
In the course of our lives we are confronted with challenges both large and small. If you are like me you look for the path of least resistance.
But the easy path isnt always the right path. And to be sure, regardless of what path you choose, if you are a christian...you will be watched and measured.

The first week in December I was told my job was being eliminated as of the 12th of January (just passed).
I rode an emotional roller coaster over the last few weeks. The feelings I had flipped and flopped as the days rolled by.
I had to keep reminding myself that I must conduct myself in a way that reflects glory on my lord.
I feel that I was able to maintain my self respect and dignity only by his grace. He has another purpose for me and I know that.

Times are tough, and may get tougher.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Remember my brother, that we are to give praise to the lord "In all things" not "For all things".

...I dont know why I wrote what I just wrote...I just needed to write it.

Blessings,
Eric

Good morning guys! I love this part of the forum already! Its great that we can share and support each other with prayer and encouragement!

Ill be praying for both of you guys and your situations.. Try and Rest in the peace of knowing God Loves you and is going to carry you through this.

I know its sometimes easy to say, and hard to do. I struggle with these simple truths sometimes myself! :) lol

Update: My friends are traveling to San Diego to make their presentation and see if they can get this contract/project.

Thanks you for your prayers and support.

God bless,

Ric

Update:

They didn't get the contract bid. On the up side, they have some part time work in April that I will be helping them with. I will be flying to the east coast at the end of this month for some training.

God provides!

Ric

Back