Old miniature knife from the 50's

Justin Presson

I made a post the other day about and old Colt .22 I have acquired and there was some talk and my grandpa was brought up.
I got to thinking about him and thought I would share this with you guys.

we lost him in 1989 and a few years back my mom gathered up some of his things and made these shadow boxes and gave to us kids.

This little old knife mom knew I always would ask grandpa to see it I just thought it was the coolest.

Some of you "more experienced" guys might have had one of these when you were a kid.

I did a little research and found a vintage ad for them that dated 1959.

My sister still has the one our granddad had. I'm trying to figure out what to trade her for it. They are very cool looking. Thank for sharing yours!

Love the idea of the shadow box, very cool!!

I am glad you put the knife in your hand as it gives it a size reference! When you said miniature I was not expecting that!

I still like that shadow box idea, really never thought of something like that!

Hey Justin, thanks for sharing! I had a knife very similar from my Grandfather as well.
Unfortunately, when I was in college, my parents house was burglarized and my entire knife collection was stolen. It was about 250 knives. Nothing really fancy or expensive, but all from family and sentimental. Bummer...
This is super cool to see, your mom did a great job!

Very cool Justin,
Like a lot of sheaths backs then its a lefty. Even though its a mini they did them that way because most people are right handed and if you carried a side arm you would put the knife on your left side. Nice assortment of Granddad's favorite things.

Glad you guys checked it out I thought a few would think it was neat.
You all are right mom did a bang up job on the shadow box. She has a good eye for that type of crafts.

I think is the old ad for it
902d29615b3437bf0625385f9c0477f2.jpg

I have a few little folders that were made by Imperial somewhere? I have about 400 productions knives of different ages.

Justin, We cal start calling you Little Buckaroo from now on?:3:

Imperials' home was Providence, Rhode Island. 20 minute ride from my shop.

That's a well thought out gift for a knife guy L'il Bu.......errrrrr Justin.

I remember winning a couple of those knives as a kid when the carnival or fair came to town in the early 60's. Probably the only prize i'd try for. You had to throw a bamboo ring over an oversized block with prizes attached to it. The rings barely fit over the block but at least they gave you 4 tries for a quarter. Each knife probably cost me around 5 bucks which was a lot of paper route/ allowance money in those days. A boys' got have priorities.

Rudy

Back