OKCA show recap

Benr.t

Hey everyone! So last weekend was the 38th annual OKCA knife show. This was my third time doing the show, and I had a great time. It was another sold out (table holders) show, and to my understanding they had a record attendance as well. I got to meet quite a few customers and knifemakers in person that I have chatted with online. Some makers names you may recognize that were there include, Ron Lake, Dietrich Podmajersky, Pekka Tuominen, Wayne Goddard, Sam Eddleman, Chuck Richards, Zac Buchanan, Jose Diaz, J.D. Smith.....just to name a few!
As far as awards go, J.D. Smith walked away with Best Fighter, Damascus, Art knife, and best of show. Chuck Richards won Best hand forged. Zac Buchanan won Best hunter utility. And much to my surprise, I was awarded Best Bowie! This year my wife kids were able to be there almost the whole show, which was nice. If you haven't been to the show before or in a long time, I would highly recommend putting it on your calendar next year, you won't be disappointed! I only snapped a few pics of my table, because it was pretty busy. I know Mark Farley snapped a bunch of pics, maybe he can them up here as well.

Unfortunately/fortunately, my bowie sold before I could get a pic with the plaque. But I did a little photoshop that should work.

Here is a pic of all the winners, pardon all of the blurry cel pics!

Here's my table on Friday with my wife, 2 kids, and 1 daycare kid. : )

Here's my little salesgirl !

Behind the scenes saturday.

I did make out with some nice stag and a piece of Carbon fiber from Tru grit.

Back