No Internet provider

bubba-san

Hello folks , I have been a member of KD for 3 years or so . However I am losing My internet provider
and as a result , There wont be any email or computer service . They claim its because they dont have enough customer base. I tried Hughes net and wild blue .... dont have a clear line of sight . I also tried cell phone service ...... there is none that will work from my home . So after the 31st of this month I am out of here !
Will miss you guys and maybe someday I will have some more service , hopefully . I f anyone has any
unfinished business with me , my Home phone is 1 573 438 0281 make sure your caller ID is working or it wont process the call . Stabber and Kevin the professor has my number also . I will leave Kevin In charge
of my forum page . I cant hardly post pics or text anymore because of slow speed 46.2 kbps . Isnt that pathetic . Any way have a cold one on me and stay safe . Respectfully James J Bieler Bubba-san Forge . ps if they eventually make the plaque for the contest "members choice" , drop me a line ......

SEE YA !

Hope things turn around for ya Bubba. I can't even imagine how miserable I would be w/o internet access.

Bubba,

You will be missed around here !!!! Always enjoy your posts, knives, opinions, and the experience you bring to the table and freely share.

This is a bummer ! Ya still got 4 days left so let'er rip ! If you gotta go out... go out with a bang !

-Josh

Have you looked into satalite? DishNetwork or do a Google search using "satellite internet providers". I don't know anything about them but it might be worth looking into. I assume that you are not so far back in the woods that you can't even see the sky.

:s12137:

Thanks for the good cheer , I appreciate it . Wayne I have tried sat. service ... you are pretty close , I am surrounded by 100 ft tall white pines
I dont have a clear view of the southern sky .:__sleeping_dog_icon

I would send you picture but , I cant send pics right now . My speed is 28.2 kbps.

Last edited:
Dan P. I havent forgotton about you as soon as I get them back from Dwayne , I will contact you . If you have my email send your phone number ...... Regards Bubba

No problem. I'll email the phone number.

In the meantime, could you build a tower or use a tall pine and attach a dish to that?

I was thinking of using a Blackberry , which can do just about anything a computer can . I have this big hill in back of my house , maybe 90 ft. above house ??? it might work .....

Jim, if you can get a blackberry to work, you can tether it to a computer. It will be slow unless you have faster service around there. I hope you find a solution.

If you can get 4G service you can create your own wi-fi hotspot ....
http://www.clear.com/discover
Verizon also offers it...I use clear because it is no contract and I only need it a few months a year...
I use this service during show season to run laptops and pads in any town with 4G.....

Whew!
Say it ain't so! Say it ain't so! You and our B.B. member have the best WIP's on here in my book!

I truly hope that you do find a fix on this! You will be greatly missed.

There has to be a solution!

Your Pal,
Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

P.S. any space Aliens you can ask for help in your neck of the woods?

"Tonight, you pukes will sleep with your computers. You will give your computers a girls name. Because this is the only..." (FMJ) You get the drift.

Gonna miss ya Bubba. Hopefully this is only temporary.

If you can get 4G service you can create your own wi-fi hotspot ....
http://www.clear.com/discover
Verizon also offers it...I use clear because it is no contract and I only need it a few months a year...
I use this service during show season to run laptops and pads in any town with 4G.....

Randy thats a good idea , but I am 35 miles from town , I mean I live in the sticks . I will contact them to see if its possible . thanks Bubba

Whew!
Say it ain't so! Say it ain't so! You and our B.B. member have the best WIP's on here in my book!

I truly hope that you do find a fix on this! You will be greatly missed.

There has to be a solution!

Your Pal,
Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

P.S. any space Aliens you can ask for help in your neck of the woods?

I hope so , thanks for the kind words my friend . Bubba

Jim, if you can get a blackberry to work, you can tether it to a computer. It will be slow unless you have faster service around there. I hope you find a solution.

Thanks Tracy , I am working with a private communications contractor . He says he can fix me up . I guess I will find out . Bubba

Thanks Tracy , I am working with a private communications contractor . He says he can fix me up . I guess I will find out . Bubba

Thanks Eric and Laurence and the rest of you guys , I was feeling pretty down . I may not get what I want but , you boys made me feel better
regards Bubba

Back