new Moderator to help with the Ultimate Steel Reference...

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
Darrin Sanders has volunteered to help moderate the Ultimate Steel Reference information we are going to start putting together.

He has been given moderator status across all the top panel of forums. There is a new sheriff in town...:35:

I expect a lot of opinion on this steel business. Opinions are great but fact and hands on tests or test data is going to trump opinion every time and some people won't like that. The steel thread will be moderated, heavily if need be. If you are freedom of speech guy that thinks anything you post should be preserved forever, don't post in the thread(s). Go post in the Freedom of Speech forum. They are big on that stuff there. We won't moderate anyone's post unless they start getting personal or heated or post flat out incorrect information.

Thanks for your support...

Congratulate Darrin or tell him how sorry you are he volunteered depending on how all this goes...

Thanks to Darrin for stepping up...
t

Thanks DArrin - I was hoping this thread would take off and get a moderator. You Da Man!!! I'll be looking forward to following this thread.... Thread? Heck, this much info could almost be a forum!

Ken

You're a brave man Darrin,
Looking forward to learning a lot, you've got a lot of good people here to help.

My deepest heart felt condolences Darrin.

Should be interesting, hopefully we'll all learn something.

Rudy

If you aren't already on the booze because of this knife stuff this just could do it ! I`m pleased you`ve taken this on. Frank

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm by no means an expert but I think it will be a good reference for everybody and hopefully I will learn a few things. I wanna try to minimize personal opinion and sentiment and try to concentrate mostly on facts. For each individual steel type, I will try to provide the chemistry, an accepted heat treat protocol/recipe or two, and a good working hardness etc.. I'll also try to find other info. such a Charpy notch, corrosion resistance, etc.. when possible. Please bear with me as it will take a while to compile all this stuff. If anybody has any tips or hints please share them. Also, after I get a good list going, if you want info. on a steel that I don't have listed please ask me to add it. You should also feel free to ask me questions here, by PM, email, or telephone.

Thanks again,

Darrin

Back