New from Sunny Escanaba

Delta Handmade Knives

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. New to the site and to knife making. I definitely feel like I have been bit by the knife making bug because it is the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thought in my head when I go to bed at night.

Thank you to all the experienced folks out there that share their experience and understanding with those like myself. who are just learning.

Greetings from a "Troll" in what my friend, in Boyne Falls, calls the "banana belt" of the lower peninsula. But I guess there is always a place more cold and desolate, like say, the Keweenaw. Most of this post may go over the head of non-Michiganders, but you Yoopers are part of the family. But to be honest, these days I envy your distance from Lansing and Detroit!

Last edited:
Written by a Hollywoodized guy who has sadly forgotten the people in little MI places like Chelsea.

I wouldn’t take it personally. It was a crappy movie all the way around. I only threw it out there because how often do you get to meet someone who is both from Escanaba and who has also lost two hours of their life to that movie?

Two hours! My hats off to you. I lasted only one hour in. Daniels impressed me with some of the stories I heard about his hometown roots and connections, like his local theater, but then I heard some more about his other pontifications and stances and realized that they had corrupted him as well.

Last edited:
But enough of such trivial matters.... Eskyknives, have you been to the Upper Hand Brewery? It is one of the few in the U.P. I haven't managed to get to yet. Most down here aren't aware that Bell's reached so far North from Kalamazoo.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I appreciate the warm welcome. Lets make some knives!
But enough of such trivial matters.... Eskyknives, have you been to the Upper Hand Brewery? It is one of the few in the U.P. I haven't managed to get to yet. Most down here aren't aware that Bell's reached so far North from Kalamazoo.
Not much of a drinker so I have not. All I do is work.

Well I may have a sip on New Years eve.. :)

Back