New Controller for Bader III

Lerch

So this is the new controller I was looking at ordering for grinder. My motor is 1 1/2HP and 110 so let me know if you all think this will work fine, attached is a pic from the site. Sorry for dumb questions, just wanna make sure i get the correct controller

Attachments

• IMG_0587(1).jpg
    IMG_0587(1).jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 21
That is the one. Also note that the only switch that comes standard on them is the start/stop switch. If you want to reverse the motor during use, you need to buy that switch. Also some people add the power on/off switch to it. It's not necessary but unless you plug/unplug it or have another on/off switch in that circuit then it will always have power to it. So it can be convenient to add that switch as well.

Just to be absolutely sure, your motor should be 3 phase and is likely hooked up via 220v even though you have 110v going into the VFD. The VFDs usually take in either 110v or 220v single phase power and output 220v 3 phase to the motor to do variable control.

There's some basic wiring you'll have to do to it once it comes in, in addition to wiring in the motor. There will be a jumper inside the VFD that you adjust for input power 110v/220v. And you'll likely have to wire in each additional switch that you add. It's all pretty intuitive and most everything is labeled well. I'm assuming they include some wiring instructions.

Thank you all for the info, i will get this one headed my way

The motor is already wired up from the previous controller that died, how difficult is the wiring to do ? I would like to take care of it myself but if it gets to elaborate I have a buddy who is a electrician

thanks
steve

Thank you all for the info, i will get this one headed my way

The motor is already wired up from the previous controller that died, how difficult is the wiring to do ? I would like to take care of it myself but if it gets to elaborate I have a buddy who is a electrician

thanks
steve

It is very simple. If you get turned around just post up. Plenty of knowledgeable guys here can walk you through it.

Back