my daughters hammer

David Roeder

My daughter that were homeschooling has been enjoying a metal art class in the shop. She's definitely the only 6year old that has her own anvil. Well soon is her 7th birthday (December 22) in our as in many other traditions were giving her a birthday present. I myself let the wife and friends buy the here and now stuff like clothes toys ect.. I am a little different. I made her her very own forging hammer. This is something that she can have and use really for the rest of her life. Something that lasts. We asked her a couple days ago what she wants for her birthday and Christmas ? She responds saying "I'd like my own knife, and smelly spray" Were so blessed to have kids who ask for such simple things and not the new age crap you see on TV.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 66
Well a great gift from Dad, and a real encouragement for her to continue in the shop. You just have to know she will want to get to the shop right away and give that hammer a try. Frank

David very cool !! a gift she will truly have forever !! as mentioned above you just cant put a price on that ! well done........

A forging hammer is good thing for a girl's Christmas. I remember my 5 yr old daughter desire for Christmas, a BB gun, her 8 yr old sister got a bow 'n arrow that Christmas. I've still got the BB gun, and grandchildren enjoy shooting it.

Great memories from Christmas.

Ken H>

Thank you guys ! I'm sure she will enjoy having something of her own. The weight is only two pounds, so for now its a two handed hammer for her. My Pig hammer is a two pounder also and its my main forging hammer. So definitely something to grow into.

Someday when she becomes a full grown lady in business I can see that hammer on her desk in a stand.
When anyone gives he any guff, With a big smile she will point to the hammer and say My daddy made that hammer for me & taught me how to use that when I was six!

Back