Metal lathe...

bladegrinder

I have a chance to pick this up from an estate thru a friend. I can't make out the brand but I see a WT which makes me think it's Wholesale Tool branded.
looking on the internet there's machines just like it going for around $1500.00
it's coming from a hobbyist shop, the owner recently passed and looking at pics of his shop I feel pretty safe it's in good running condition.
here's the crux...it's a five hour ride back to where I used to live to pick it up, so is this worth the trip and what would be a good offer? anybody familiar with this type model?
7Nh68hl.jpg

Looks like my 9x30 Enco. I paid $500. Probably made in the same factory. Yours has a $300 3 axis DRO and is in nicer shape.

I was just about to ask you Bruce if you’d drive down here and pick it up for me, you know…save me some gas money ol bud. I’ll buy you lunch.

Yep I-10 then turn right before I-10 ends. Once you make it to my place we’ll have to drive another 30 miles to the nearest restaurant though.

Got the directions down.
The only way I'd bring Newsome is to drag his ass behind the truck wearing a MAGA hat , making him carry an illegal, while kissing a tranny with covid/monkey pox.
Only 30miles to a restaurant? Geez, I had no idear you were in the city !!!

For a lathe that small, it looks really stout. $500 seems like a really fair price, assuming it's in working order. A Harbor Freight 7X12 is $800...

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

Also - you got a smoker? Try making some squirrel jerky. Pretty good stuff! :D

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

Back