Memorial Day

scott.livesey

Dealer - Purveyor
Let's all do something different on Memorial Day. Before the picnic or party, I plan to spend time thanking God for the sacrifices made for us by our brothers and sisters in the military. If you are like me, you have friends and family that never made it home. Remember, there are only two people who willingly gave their life for you and asked for nothing in return, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and the members of our armed forces.
scott

Thank you for posting this Scott. I'll spend the day with family and friends enjoying quality time together, but as I do each year I'll also spend time reflecting on those who I was fortunate enough to have served with who are no longer among our ranks. I've been very fortunate throughout my service having had the opportunity to serve with some great servicemembers. I have only lost one friend in combat, but I have unfortunately lost several to alcohol related incidents since returning home. This time of year is particularly difficult on many veterans who spend even more time thinking of comrades lost. If you have a family member or friend who is a veteran, extend a hand or shoulder and let them know you are there for them.

Thank you for posting this Scott it is a good idea. I served in the US Army from 1972-1975 and was very fortunate to not have to go to Vietnam. I know a lot of Vietnam veterans,there is a special place in my heart for them because of the way they were treated during and after the war. Let's say a special prayer for them.

Thanks to all who have served - past, present and future. Thanks to those who gave all so we can enjoy the freedoms we have in our country. Please remember the families who have lost their love ones.

Doug Adams
Carrollton, Ga.
John 3:16

I second everything said. Thank you to all of our brothers and sisters who fought for this country. Its because of those men and woman we have our great opportunities in this land of the free. I tip my hat to all of the brave men and woman that fought for this country and the ones who are fighting now.. They will ALWAYS ! have a special place in my heart.
God Bless Them ALL ! and THANK YOU ! for your services past and present.

Back