Looks like the mill will be Grizzly G0781 with the T10442 10 piece Milling tool kit

Absinthe

Thanks for all the advice, I think I have found a mill that is actually in stock somewhere, as well as somewhat reasonably priced including shipping. In addition to this I will be ordering the LMS CLamping kit for 7/16" T-Slot and an uxcell ER16 1/16" spring collet from Amazon. And, I already bought a set of parallels, 123 blocks, and I have drill bits, and reamers in the current sizes I am using. I do have some endmills in smaller sizes. And a bottle of Tap Magic!

What else do I want to not forget about, that I will be needing?

I don't see a vise in your list. If you get into frame or liner locks a rotary table is helpful.
The

T10442 10 piece Milling tool kit

Kit includes:

• Collet chuck with R-8 shank and spanner wrench
  • 3/32", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" and 1/2" collets
  • 2" self centering vise with precision ground jaws
  • 3" 3-jaw chuck with reversible jaws
  • 3" rotary table with 15 minute graduations

Hope this turns out to be a wonderful tool for you with years of creative use, Bradley.

Get yourself a couple 1/2" 4 flute carbide center-cutting endmills. Maybe a 2 flute. The biggest size your machine will take will come in handy more often than you can imagine, especially when a flycutter isn't appropriate.

One domestic source for carbide tooling I've seen mentioned is: https://www.carbidetoolsource.com

Okay!!! This is ordered with a few extra pieces from Amazon. Now the big issue, where to put it! Suggestions?

Obviously it goes in the shop, and I am now starting to strongly consider segregating wood tools from metal tools. But that is not the issue. Since I didn't opt for the $500 stand, what is best to put it on? I was originally considering just putting it on a work table. I have one that was being used as a track saw table, which since I am not all that interested in cabinetry any more, I will be reclaiming. So that is one option. It currently has no top at all, so I can add one, or add just enough of one to act as a mount for the mill. The other thought I had was to get one of those rolling tool boxes, but I am concerned that they are usually only 18 or so inches deep. The specifications for the G0781 say that it is:

• Overall size: 26-1/2" W x 20-1/2" D x 31" H
Does that 2-1/2" potential overhang present any issues? Or should I simply look for a deeper tool box. Or some other kind of stand. Any ideas, suggestions, pictures of what you did for yours?

Okay!!! This is ordered with a few extra pieces from Amazon. Now the big issue, where to put it! Suggestions?

Obviously it goes in the shop, and I am now starting to strongly consider segregating wood tools from metal tools. But that is not the issue. Since I didn't opt for the $500 stand, what is best to put it on? I was originally considering just putting it on a work table. I have one that was being used as a track saw table, which since I am not all that interested in cabinetry any more, I will be reclaiming. So that is one option. It currently has no top at all, so I can add one, or add just enough of one to act as a mount for the mill. The other thought I had was to get one of those rolling tool boxes, but I am concerned that they are usually only 18 or so inches deep. The specifications for the G0781 say that it is:

• Overall size: 26-1/2" W x 20-1/2" D x 31" H
Does that 2-1/2" potential overhang present any issues? Or should I simply look for a deeper tool box. Or some other kind of stand. Any ideas, suggestions, pictures of what you did for yours?
I know it is bad form to answer your own question, but I just got off the phone with Grizzly and the tech explained to me that the actual footprint is not that deep, or actually that wide. Those numbers indicate the table and wheels as well. The bolt down footprint is more like 8x10 or something like that.

Check out the rollaways at Harbor Freight. They're deep. They are also built better than the old Craftsman it replaced.

My Taig came in a crate mounted to a nice size sheet of 3/4 ply. I left it on that and slapped it on the rollaway. Steady, just enough room to mount my lights and a power bar on the periphery.

PS, it's really, really nice to have drawers right under where you're working, as it seems I'm constantly reaching for something. Of course, one must be sure to close them danged drawers before the mill fills them full of tiny little chips... But you'll learn that. They fly further than shavings.
LOL

Last edited:
Back