Lil Boogie EDC Skinner

Lerch

Hi guys

I finished these up today for a couple of buddies, this is my Lil Boogie design of knife ( i call my son lil boogie when he was tiny and small and since these knives are small fat and tough to break like him i call them the same). This is the Skinner EDC model, i do another one with less sweep in the blade, more of a utility design. Basically its just a little 3 finger handle on a 3" blade knife but my wife thought i might sell more if i had a cute name for em :)

First one is S30V 5/32"
Convex ground with secondary bevel, heat treated, LN cryo and temper in house
Blaze orange G10 with black G10 1/8" liners
textured grip and 1/16" pins
stonewashed finish

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

second one is 1095 steel 1/8" thick
differentially heat treated, cryo and tempered in house
convex ground with secondary bevel
black paper micarta with 1/8" tan G10 liners
1/16" pins
heavy etched finish

my makers mark didnt turn out so well on this, not sure why, maybe the oxides from etching ??
DSC_0751.jpg

let me know what ya think,

thanks
steve

Great looking compact cutters Steve nice work for sure- like the back spacers and small pins quite a bit.

thanks, the pins were a pain in the butt the way i do them. I take them in and out several times and pins that small bend easily

I just realized the temper lines in the second knife look like crap, they actually look very nice in person, i will try to get some better pics tomorrow

thanks

steve

Heres a couple more

Mcam G10 and red 1/8" liners, CPM154, Convex ground
DSC_0754.jpg

Black and OD Green G10, CPM154, Convex ground
DSC_0756.jpg

thanks
steve

Thank you all

Ya i get a lot of request for the orange G10 handles, part in fact that when, not if, ya drop em you can find it, but more importantly most want orange and black for OSU football and wrestling. I really like these since they work well for there given task, there easy to carry everyday and there pretty easy to make

Last edited:
These are my standard EDC knife, not the little skinner, more of a utility blade and one i put to use everyday at my job.

photo-13-1.jpg

photo-12-3.jpg

and here is the acid etched, stone washed finish, my first try with it and im pretty happy with the results. this one is after a 20min soak in my ferric chloride/water (1/4 ratio) mix and then tumbled in ceramic media for about 2hrs.

photo-15.jpg

sorry for Iphone pics, i managed to break my good camera again :(

thanks
steve

Back