Lets talk about mailing list's

Les Voorhies

Badge Boss Admin Dog Catcher
The subject came up in another thread and I didn't want to clutter up that thread so I'm moving it here.

Les G. gave me some helpful info about making categories for you mailing list:
I just make a "category" in my yahoo mail and add names to it. If I want to send out a mailer, I just put that "category" in the BCC (so you don't give everyone's info out) and send it. Easy cheesy... :)

So I went into my e-mail account and found that stuff and I'm pretty sure I understand it but now I want to go a step further... How can I set up a link on my web site that would allow people to sign up for my mailing list. Is there a program that can handle that or something in my MSN mail account?

Les,

I can't give you specific instructions or URLS, but at one time I did what your talking about...put a mailing list sign up on my site. If you search, there are a number of free applications that provide the HTML code to add to your website. If you don't administer your own site, it's best to ask your webmaster about it.

After about a month, I took it off my site because it was a TON of work everyday. Because it was free, the emails received were deposited on a server that I had to sign into, then pull the emails out to my email, sort through them, then take action on those that required it.

For me it was much less work on the computer to just have information on my site that says: "If you'd like to be place on the mailing list, please send an email with XXXX in the subject line, and I will add your name."

Back