Leaf blade, copper fittings and bacote handle

I do like the copper in that knife - looks really good. I know you're an expert blacksmith, did you do the Damascus? Is that a San Mai blade? It looks really good.

I do like the copper in that knife - looks really good. I know you're an expert blacksmith, did you do the Damascus? Is that a San Mai blade? It looks really good.
Hi Ken, yes it is damascus done in house.. It's 18 or so layers with a lawn mower blade in the middle.. San Mai yes.. Good eye.. It turns this really super dark black color and the reason why I picked it.

It takes a decent durable edge but won't stay super sharp.. It will stay hair shaving sharp but not look at it and get cut sharp.

Thanks.. I started on the butt cap today. resize 2.jpg

Good deal Jennifer, I'm currently reading your bio on I forge Iron - very interesting. You've led a very full and rounded (and interesting) life. I look forward to more of your work on this site. We LOVE WIPs and "life story" type of posts :)

Thank you very much.. Thanks for looking in on my bio too. It's been a very interesting road from many facets..

Not sure what a " WIPs" is?? It's interesting that I find others stories fascinating but my own kinda boring.. :) I suppose there is a story in there somewhere.. :)

Thank you very much.. Thanks for looking in on my bio too. It's been a very interesting road from many facets..

Not sure what a " WIPs" is?? It's interesting that I find others stories fascinating but my own kinda boring.. :) I suppose there is a story in there somewhere.. :)
WIP = Work In Progress
Did you bend guard before or after Shaping handle? And was it all together when you did it??

WIP = Work In Progress
Did you bend guard before or after Shaping handle? And was it all together when you did it??
Gliden07, Thank you.. Not great at texting.. don't know all the abbreviations..

The bend was done before the handle existed. I had in mind what I wanted it to look like.

No the bend was done totally on it's own over the horn of the anvil. Forged to shape as well.

Attachments

• finish left hand finish.jpg
    finish left hand finish.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Resize finish right hand.jpg
    Resize finish right hand.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 13
"Gliden07, Thank you.. Not great at texting.. don't know all the abbreviations"

Thats not a bad thing!!

Back