Landis 3in1 Leather Cutter, Skiver, & Splitter Tool

Chef, I have one I use when I'm cutting out saddle parts. The splitter/ beveler blade is only about 2" and is mainly used to to bevel leather to smothly make leather buildups in the shoe trade.
I use it to bevel peices for the ground seats in saddles.
It would only be usefull in rough cutting sheath parts, you would still need to trim with the round knife.

As Robin Said, not much use for a sheath maker, but plenty handy for saddles etc. and shoe and boot work.

Paul

thanks Paul, I thought it might be similar to the one you showed on your video.

Last edited:
Chef, watch for the splitter that has a little wheel on the top at each side for adjustment. They were built in 8" and 12" wide. When sharp and adjusted right they do a real nice job splitting leather.

The old Osborne twist handle splitter works for sheath sized leather but takes a little more expertise from the person running it. (never try to split more than half the thickness or you will cut thru)

Weaver leather sells a copy of the twist handle. You can find the ones with the wheels around used, just be sure they have enough blade left.

I've got Pauls vidios on my Chrismas list, doubt my wife will get them for me but my hounds always get me things like that. with six hounds I can have a pretty good christmas.

Do you who made the one with the wheels on top, or better yet have a pic of one? Thanks for the info
Colin

I'll get you a picture today Colin. I just when to a leather show on Friday and spotted a lot of small splitters and one like I have. They have doubled in price since I got mine.

Sorry I'm late with the picture Colin. Here's the splitter I have here at home. It's a 8 inch blade, the one we have at the main shop has a 12"
splitter001.jpg

Back