Knifemakers and Tool Collectors

Let us know how it does! I don't think it would be much different than C clamps for regular handles? It would probably be nice for segmented handles to hold the pieces down so they are flat on the bottom?

Let us know how it does! I don't think it would be much different than C clamps for regular handles? It would probably be nice for segmented handles to hold the pieces down so they are flat on the bottom?
Sometimes it seems like I need three hands using c-clamps. Thought this might be a little easier.

Yeah, could be? I saw the ratcheting hand clamps I may try. The Kant twist are nice, but super expensive!!

Seems like the TRmaker would only clamp flat parallel scales - unless it has adjustments I don’t see.
The Kant twist are my favs so far.

Last edited:
I agree with Opaul....I have been using Kant Twist clamps for years and they work well. It also looks to me that I would possibly have problems with squeeze-out gumming up this clamp.
But as a certified tool geek, I do like some of TR Maker's stuff.
The most useful thing I've purchased was a pair of these scale holders. You can clamp down an uneven scale on the magnetic chuck of your SG. Previously I was using a small vise, but it was a PITA. These are faster and better.
It wouldn't take much time to make a set either.
1684463557617.png

Thats what I started to use! So I don't squeeze out all the epoxy!
Yep. The "heavy duty" ones have just enough pressure to clamp without too much squeeze-out. When you lose the rubber pads on the arms simply wrap in masking tape...or so I have heard.

I'm looking for one that floods the catch pan with acetone :) Seriously, clean up of epoxy is one of my loathing tasks.

Pro-tip: Wax paper...cheap and the dried epoxy doesn't stick....maybe line that little press with some.

Parchment paper is good too for easy clean up. I tried wax paper when I was molding home made micarta handles and the wax melted. Parchment is easy to release and doesn't seem to melt wax.

I use Tri Lube dry lube for my molds and the stuff pops right out. You can spray clamps or metal surface with that and it should keep the epoxy from sticking!

Parchment paper is good too for easy clean up. I tried wax paper when I was molding home made micarta handles and the wax melted. Parchment is easy to release and doesn't seem to melt wax.

I use Tri Lube dry lube for my molds and the stuff pops right out. You can spray clamps or metal surface with that and it should keep the epoxy from sticking!
100%...i use the term wax paper and parchment paper interchangeable and my wife corrects me :) I believe i am currently using parchment paper she bought at the grocery store (cheaper than wax paper). Works fine!

Back