Knife Pistol

Bruce, thanks for posting the photos of my knife pistol on the Custom Knife Forum. I added two more shots to show the knife closed. I will add more including the exploded view later. The presentation case is coming along well. The whole thing will be ready to sell soon.
Thanks again for the inspiration!

Alden

How about a link then?
I had a look and couldn't come across it

Bruce, thanks for posting the photos of my knife pistol on the Custom Knife Forum. I added two more shots to show the knife closed. I will add more including the exploded view later. The presentation case is coming along well. The whole thing will be ready to sell soon.
Thanks again for the inspiration!

Alden

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Alden, if you have some progress shots it would be cool to see. Please post the parts shots too. How does it fire? What main spring material did you use? Smooth bore? Come on buddy.

Last edited:
More knife pistol photos!

Sorry for not posting the link. Thanks for doing it Jeff.
Jeez Bruce you really are a nag.:rolleyes: I posted an exploded view there now. I will go through the photos (I did take lots) and work up a little WIP and post it over the next few days.
The spring for the hammer is a section of a large spring I have. and I used two pieces back to back. I will show that in the photos to show what I mean. I can see why you went to the system you did, as it is hard to tell whether the spring is right until you fire some caps.
The barrel is a smoothbore, I don't yet have a way to rifle barrels, and smoothbore is appropriate for this type of gun.
I have only fired the barrel, with a fuse. Like a cannon. I will fire it soon, and take photos.
Thanks for pushing me around Bruce!
As I was gathering my photos I found the ones of Brutus. I took a picture of my wife holding it in Portland. Very cool!
Thanks
Alden

Sorry for not posting the link. Thanks for doing it Jeff.
Jeez Bruce you really are a nag.:rolleyes: I posted an exploded view there now. I will go through the photos (I did take lots) and work up a little WIP and post it over the next few days.
The spring for the hammer is a section of a large spring I have. and I used two pieces back to back. I will show that in the photos to show what I mean. I can see why you went to the system you did, as it is hard to tell whether the spring is right until you fire some caps.
The barrel is a smoothbore, I don't yet have a way to rifle barrels, and smoothbore is appropriate for this type of gun.
I have only fired the barrel, with a fuse. Like a cannon. I will fire it soon, and take photos.
Thanks for pushing me around Bruce!
As I was gathering my photos I found the ones of Brutus. I took a picture of my wife holding it in Portland. Very cool!
Thanks
Alden

Interesting picture but pretty small. Can you email it to me big and I'll run it through my photobucket and repost it here on this thread.

You have a picture of Brutus? Email me that too as big as you can. I have very few pictures of Brutus because our hard drive crashed back then and we lost hundreds of keepsake images.

Hey Bruce,

I saw in the other thread where you mentioned that you handed out plans for this beauty at a hammer-in a few years ago. Any chance that an electronic version of those plans is available? I promise that I'll do my best to put them to good use, even if it is only to soak up drool:biggrin:

One other question, has it been 12 months yet;)

Thanks,
JC

Back