Knife 3 - Butcher

Kevin Zito

KNIFE MAKER
So here are a few pics of a butcher knife I'm working on. Gonna clean up the finish and file work, then send it out for HT. Please be critical... I need all the help I can get. The file work is definitely a skill that's past my ability level for sure. Buuuuut, I've been dying to try that lol. I think/hope it will turn out okay. Sorry for the bad pics... I got a little frustrated. lol

Attachments

• IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1513.JPG
    IMG_1513.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 44
Test... can y'all see these images?

Attachments

• IMG_1536.JPG
    IMG_1536.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1544.JPG
    IMG_1544.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1545.JPG
    IMG_1545.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 25
Looking good! Your gonna want to finish the ends of those handle slabs at the riccaso. It just makes handles quicker and much easier than trying to finish the handle at that point without accidently touching the blade.

We have all made this mistake! Its a lesson once learned you won't have to be told again. My first knife I did the same thing, and I finally glued super glued some plastic pieces to the blade to protect it till I got that area finished. A few cuss words, like you damn dummy and well, ........................I didn't have to be told twice!!! Never make that mistake again! I have made some other doozies, but not that one!! LOL

IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1547.JPG IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1560.JPG
Looking good! Your gonna want to finish the ends of those handle slabs at the riccaso. It just makes handles quicker and much easier than trying to finish the handle at that point without accidently touching the blade.

We have all made this mistake! Its a lesson once learned you won't have to be told again. My first knife I did the same thing, and I finally glued super glued some plastic pieces to the blade to protect it till I got that area finished. A few cuss words, like you damn dummy and well, ........................I didn't have to be told twice!!! Never make that mistake again! I have made some other doozies, but not that one!! LOL
Thanks!!! Yeah I hear ya... those were some weird pics that I just posted because I was struggling a bit to post pics. Here are some updated pics. I still haven't contoured handle yet.

Back