KITH 2020 Member matching!!

Mark Barone

Since there is an odd number of people we will not be paired together. With the exception of John Wilson paired with Johan and Brice paired with Greg Rice. With that said here is the random list. I basically took all the names on separate cards and shuffled them. The first gives to the second person and so on. The last person gives to the first person.

John Wilson gives to Johan Nel
Johan Nel gives to John Wilson
Greg Rice gives to Bruce Mcleish
Brice Mcleish gives to Greg

TKroelein gives to Randy Lucius
Randy Lucius gives to Kev
Kev gives to Sean Jones
Sean Jones gives to Heikii
HeikiI gives to Shreiber
Schreiber gives to Austin Thrasherso here is how it ended up.
Austin Thrasher gives to Brad Walker
Brad Walker gives to Chris Railey
Chris Railey gives to G Kimmi
GKimmi gives to Scherf
Sherf gives to OWL
OWL gives to Jeremy Bartlett
Jeremy Bartlett gives to Boss Dog
Boss Dog gives to Opaul
Opaul gives to Benjy
Benjy gives to Mark Barone
Mark Barone gives to Dennis Morland
Dennis Morland gives to Dan Macina
Dan Macina gives MT Bob
MTBon gives to FDKingery
FDKingery gives to TKroelein

Addresses can be forwarded to the respective members.
Completed KITHs should be mailed out by December 10th.
WIP are always great to see.
Happy Greg Rice, the newest member chose to participate. You should start a Work in Progress (WIP). Ask questions as you go. Post a picture of your template.. get feedback... Cut out blade profile...get feedback... And most important, get tips and ask questions on staying safe.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark for the welcome - I am determined to make Bruce a solid knife.

Yessir - I will do a WIP and questions? I will probably wear some of you out (like that poor ol' California hillbilly that paired up with me). I am also trying to be a good steward of our time/resources and use the site's search feature too, although I don't hear anyone griping about that here - seems ya'all embrace the teaching almost as much as you do the information that you share...

ohhh.....that's how you guys run these, here. I may have missed out. I wasn't planning on committing until closer to the cutoff date.....next time I'll have to plan accordingly.

Last edited:
Opaul...lucky guy.

I wish I could get in this year. I want to make some for some family and friends so I don't think I'll make the deadline. A little premature for me anyway, maybe when I can put my name on them.

BB
ohhh.....that's how you guys run these, here. I may have missed out. I wasn't planning on committing until closer to the cutoff date.....next time I'll have to plan a

cccordingly.

My fault, people were asking to get started so I moved the date up. I mentioned it a post but didn’t make it formal. We can still get you in. Somebody has already asked to exchange with you if you are interested.

Thanks Mark for the welcome - I am determined to make Bruce a solid knife.

Yessir - I will do a WIP and questions? I will probably wear some of you out (like that poor ol' California hillbilly that paired up with me). I am also trying to be a good steward of our time/resources and use the site's search feature too, although I don't hear anyone griping about that here - seems ya'all embrace the teaching almost as much as you do the information that you share...

You will very rarely, and I mean RARELY, get the “use the search feature” as a response here. These are the nicest, most helpful group of makers I’ve ever met and that’s why I stay here.

On top of that you won’t get verbally spanked for bringing up old threads. I never understood why that’s such an issue elsewhere. To me, the search function works best when you happen upon a post with loads and loads of responses rather than trying to read 40 threads, none of which have a complete answer to your question. Searching is hard enough when you don’t know all the right terminology and buzzwords that will yield a good result for your search.

Ask away. We all might learn something from the responses you get.

You will very rarely, and I mean RARELY, get the “use the search feature” as a response here. These are the nicest, most helpful group of makers I’ve ever met and that’s why I stay here.

On top of that you won’t get verbally spanked for bringing up old threads. I never understood why that’s such an issue elsewhere. To me, the search function works best when you happen upon a post with loads and loads of responses rather than trying to read 40 threads, none of which have a complete answer to your question. Searching is hard enough when you don’t know all the right terminology and buzzwords that will yield a good result for your search.

Ask away. We all might learn something from the responses you get.
Thanks John - and I am experiencing exactly what you are saying. I wonder if you guys realize the impact on each other that you are having. In today's world, we all need someone to inspire us, to challenge us and to encourage us - to be the best we can be. I will be on here a long long time.

ohhh.....that's how you guys run these, here. I may have missed out. I wasn't planning on committing until closer to the cutoff date.....next time I'll have to plan acccordingly.
I will make two knives if you want to be in the exchange Billy. My orders are in the toilet anyway so I surely have the time.

My fault, people were asking to get started so I moved the date up....
No need to claim a fault here, just a different way of doing things.

The minor detour this thread took makes me think I could say that about other things as well. I'll emphasize, this isn't a bad thing, just different. Over the past few years, on another forum, I've taken it upon myself to be the one to suggest newer users do some searching first when asking questions that come up over and over again (ie. "Can I make a knife using my bbq grill as a forge?" because I think I'm a little less harsh than some of the other folks who were warning new user. The same with necroposting, although in all honesty, I never understood why necroposting is frowned upon either. I think from now on, I'll only do this when someone asks a question specifically directed to a post that's years old....

Thanks for the offer, Chris. Mark had already sent me a message inviting me to participate. I'll share my response:

As up in the air as my future is right now (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) I'm afraid to commit (hmmm....is this why I'm still a bachelor at 50:rolleyes:???). Like I indicated in my post, I was going to throw my name in when the date was near if I had a blade ready.
Unfortunately due to life circumstances, for the past few years, I've had more income making knives than being a physical therapist, so I need to try to sell everything I make these days.
Thank you for the offer though, and I look forward to watching everyone's projects.

No need to claim a fault here, just a different way of doing things.

The minor detour this thread took makes me think I could say that about other things as well. I'll emphasize, this isn't a bad thing, just different. Over the past few years, on another forum, I've taken it upon myself to be the one to suggest newer users do some searching first when asking questions that come up over and over again (ie. "Can I make a knife using my bbq grill as a forge?" because I think I'm a little less harsh than some of the other folks who were warning new user. The same with necroposting, although in all honesty, I never understood why necroposting is frowned upon either. I think from now on, I'll only do this when someone asks a question specifically directed to a post that's years old....

Yeah, there are those time when someone asks for the nine millionth time “can I make a knife from a file?” I've always felt that it takes the same amount of keystrokes to say “go ahead and try it” as it does to type out “that question has been asked and answered every week since the dawn of time so do us all a favor and do some basic reading first and when you’ve worn out your library card you can come here and use the SEARCH function.”

To be honest, search engines work better than any forum search function I’ve ever used. In fact, that’s how I found this site to begin with. My Bing searches kept pulling up threads from KnifeDogs which more often than not had the answers I was looking for. So I figured this was the place I needed to be.

I think people who dig up ancient threads are replying to posts they found by searching. “Is that knife still available” to a thread that is seven years old.

I've always felt that it takes the same amount of keystrokes to say “go ahead and try it” as it does to type out “that question has been asked and answered. . ..”

By my count, it's a lot fewer keystrokes. ;)
But that's not always as satisfying depending on how the day is going.:eek:

Back