Job related prayer request

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Hi guys I would appreciate some prayer. It looks like I'm going to have a chance to buy into a business but with two kids at home I'm a little nervous letting go of my existing job. I'm asking for wisdom to make the right choice. One that will honor God and provide the best I can for my family. Thanks guys

One thing you can be sure of...God never makes mistakes. We sure don't know what his plans are for us in the future, but He will never give us more than we can handle.

As far as buying into a business, if it is a partnership, make sure you have a good dissolution agreement. If it is a corporation, make sure you have 51% of the voting stock.

If you are drawing up legal agreements yourself---DON'T !!!! Pay a lawyer to have it done right.

Go for it with gusto, God helps those who help themselves...and He's got your backdoor. ...Teddy

'But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.'
'In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.'
'But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth'

Ask for His guidance. Trust His guidance. Thank Him for His guidance.

In similar situations I've deferred to the verse, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
If we delight in Him, then our heart's desire is to bring Him glory, and its a sure bet that will happen.
If we don't delight in Him, then the desires of our heart are to glorify ourselves, and there's not a whole lot of joy found there.
So as scary as it may be, if you are delighting in Him ... which asking all of us to pray may be a good indicator ... then its a matter of faith to step forward, and trust in Him.
Its wise to consider the times, and the costs, but we're never called to make decisions in fear, so don't let that cloud your judgment. If you do this, do so consecrating your business to Him, and strive to glorify Him in every decision.

FWIW, I sold everything and dragged my family to Somalia a few years back. It was tough, but some of our best memories, and it was through that decision that He showed me the step after which brought me to where I am today.

Back