Is jeweling now popular now-days?

Dave Broughton

I learned to jewel blades years ago and I still like to jewel a blade now and then but I don't see any on here......has it become passé?

Thanks..........now I understand why I sell more of the blades without the jeweling.......Also, that's less work for me.....

I've seen a small handful of knives (or even the occasional tool) with jeweling on the outside. For knife applications, as Frank mentioned, I've probably seen it most on the inside of slipjoint liners, as well as the occasional linerlock/framelock.

I've also seen it on a few guns here and there.

It is a nice little touch to be sure.

When you fellas speak of jeweling , What exactly are we talking about , engraving , chasing , adding jewels or all of the above .
I use a lot of engraving and casting of my parts . Can you bring me up to speed . Thanks bubba

Jeweling seems to go in and out but I look at it as more of a classic old time touch added to watches and some classy folding knives.

The Tacticool crowd thinks of it as something grandpa or Great grampa may of had. So I don't think it will show up there for another generation or two. lol

Thanks Chuck , I now know what you mean . I have a friend in Steelville , Mo who makes bowies and they all have that design . I think it looks pretty nice on some knives and even guns , Never tried it . Doesnt look to difficult to do . Thanks for the Info ..... Bubba

Back