inc. in Nevada

Les Voorhies

Badge Boss Admin Dog Catcher
I got an e-mail today that was on it's way to the junk bin when I decided to give it a look over (it was junk but one mans jink is..) It was from a firm in Nevada that sets up LLC, inc., ect... and offered a free down loadable booklet on the advantages of incorporating in NV. then as stated in the form I filled out, a few minutes later a guy called me to see if I had any questions. I told him I didn't yet because I hadn't read the booklet, (he's calling backm in a week) he told me that in MN. (and most states) a judge decides if you along with you company can be personally liable in a law suit but in NV. the only time that can happen is if you set up the corp. with the intent to commit fraud and that that had only happened 4 times in NV.. That not really that important as far as I can see for my kind of business but he says there are a lot of tax laws and such in NV. that make incorporating there better.

Does anyone know any thing (good or bad) about this? does anyone care to look at this booklet (i think I can e-mail it) and give an opinion?

BTW, he said that can do it for $505 for a limited time :D I personally don't have that kinda money to hand over at the moment but I am starting to think about maybe doing an LLC in the next year or so.

Hey Les, before you stimulate that guys economy google DIY LLC. Don't think it's all that difficult.

Ken

I've created an LLC for another business and it was nowhere near $500. Check around before you send that company any money.

SDS

Hi Les,

Here in Georgia, a CPA can set up a LLC for you, about $300.

The corporations in NV are more for those who have a much larger business or are working with a much larger cash flow.

NV and Delaware have very good tax rates and offer other advantages.

I have a C Corporation and a LLC...so far I haven't found the need to set up shop in NV.

Back