Houston I have a problem

C Craft

I attempted to post to a thread in Knife Maker Shop Talk, called Whadda ya mean homemade!!!???
After posting I got this message when I tried to view the thread at that location.
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: regular expression is too large at offset 242074 in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 824

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:3277) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3103

I also have this message at the top of my Knife dogs page:
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: regular expression is too large at offset 242074 in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 824
I tried to post this problem at the Support Forum and was getting another similar message but it is now allowing me to post.
Guys I don't have a clue what happened or how to fix it!!!!!!

OK, this is too weird I just closed out shut down the browser and reopend the browser and all appears to be fixed and my post is there at the Knife Maker Shop Talk, just like I posted it! Can we say Gremlins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
there was a forum software issue, the tech support guys seem to have it fixed now. You just got lucky and timed it just right...

I already lost it , I cant log on to profile page ? seems everyone can open my profile except me ? oh well, I am not going to worry about it . I guess eventually it will get repaired ?

amazing , It has been funny all day as soon as I posted the problem it went away in 2 minutes ? thanks whoever fixed it .

guess I opened my big mouth too soon its baaaack . cant click my name anywhere or I get a message" page can't be found" ???

my profile is a.w.o.l.

Hello Boss . Is there any chance that my profile page will be repaired any time soon ? I know the site was having some issues ? I appreciate anything you can do . ..... bubba

Sorry, I can't fix what doesn't seem to be broken.??

It's not that I don't believe what you are seeing. I do. It's that I can't identify what the issue is to get it fixed. I can't tell if it is a browser issue with some old cache information stuck or a forum issue. I do not have any reports of this issue with anyone else which makes me suspect it is a browser problem.

What browser are you using?

fire fox Mozzila, I was using windows internet explorer , I thought that was problem also ? so I loaded firefox and ocassionally it will let me view page ? but next time I try opening profile page I get nothing ? cleared cookies and reload nothing says page cant be displayed or has been deleted . huh1 I 'm not a system analyst. I dont have any other problem with any other sites :confused: really strange .

hmmm.......
I'd have bet anything it was that. vbulletin has a support forum where all the vb eggheads hang out. I'll post a note there and see if anyone can figure it out.

thanks Tracy , I was going nuts trying to figure it out . have been to all the help pages I could find ? no dice . I hate computers sometimes . seems like they have mind of their own . I ll call this one ........HAL from 2001

Back