hey whats up. trying to identify a knife

Jdangle

Hey everybody. Title says it all. I would like to identify this knife. I have searched google and can't find it. It is extremely sturdy, balanced and maintains it's sharp edge. I'd love to find out who makes it cause I'd like to buy more. Thank you.

Attachments

• WIN_20201226_02_50_50_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20201226_02_50_50_Pro.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 32
  • WIN_20201226_02_50_23_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20201226_02_50_23_Pro.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 29
That's an interesting looking knife. After a bit of internet searching, I'm not finding anything. But from everything I see, it looks to be a production knife out of China. Contrary to what most people believe, some really decent quality knives come out of China. China gets a deservedly bad rap for low quality steel, but they also put out some stuff made from exceptionally good steel. I've had some Smith and Wesson knives that were shockingly good. The truth is that the Chinese factories will produce whatever you pay them to produce. If the company making the order specs out a specific steel and has people on the ground driving quality control, you will get very a very good quality product. If however the company just orders a million pieces and wants them made to a price point, well you get what you get from what they get on the cheap.

Anyhoo- maybe someone else will come along with a better idea of what that knife is. It looks a lot like a dive knife I had about 25 years ago. Which was also a Chinese made knife that turned out to be a really good knife.

I'm not sure about that emblem, but that looks exactly like a Buck Nighthawk tanto. Haven't seen one of those in years. It's amazing what you can remember when you obsessed over Smokey Mountain Knifeworks catalogs for hours on end, as a kid. Haha.

wow. It does look like the buck nighthawk tanto. Maybe it's a copy of it? Anyway, if it is a knock off, it's a damn good one. The weight seems perfect and I like the handle feel and grip. This thing punctures through things like butter and like I said, the edge is great! Thanks for the replies!

wow. It does look like the buck nighthawk tanto. Maybe it's a copy of it? Anyway, if it is a knock off, it's a damn good one. The weight seems perfect and I like the handle feel and grip. This thing punctures through things like butter and like I said, the edge is great! Thanks for the replies!

A lot of knives get re-badged when the patent runs out... or before. Chances are it's exactly a Buck Nighthawk with a different logo. At least you know what to look for now! Good call, Drew!

Back