here it comes again...a makers mark question... but perhaps with a twist?

OkieCowboy

Greetings
Yes it has come time in the season as does every new knifemakers heart turns to dreams of fame and fortune.. and I guess the first part of that would be seing my mark on blades from coast to coast...

Now in preparation of that day.. I had a friend make me a logo..for websites..business cards.. etc... with plans to use a portion of it as a mark on all the many knives I planned on selling....

Fast forward a little bit.... I find the Knife Dogs group of guys... whom I respect greatly ( well mostly ;) ) and like A good little pack member I do lots of research..

Now knowing the members here who have been around a while have probably seen these questions countless times... but

I Know the General thinking was/is Name- city- State... for the most part...but I know this way of thinking pretty much came around before the whole WWW. Anyinfoineed. Com .. now days I can look on the internet and find a makers website etc.. ( if he has one) from my phone in matter of seconds... do you think the "Standard" makers marks will ever change with the times? Or is it as much tradition as anything else
Can you just imagine some day in the future a maker imbedding an RFID chip under the scales or something..allowing the knife to be scanned and telling the owner, maker, steel.. when and where it was made... etc... or is that just simply my nyquil talking :)

Also do you know anyone that is willing to barter/ or cheap prepare a ( name, location blah mark that is ready to send off to have stencils made... lol hard to do since the computer died ... and I will just use what I already have for letterhead, websites, etc.

Yeah George you have always been a exception to the rule... and a beautiful logo is it too... and when I say rule, I know there is no hard and fast rule about it..but may i ask, what made you do it the way you did?

Hey Greg, I'm no expert by any means, but if you can't find anybody to help give me a shout, maybe we can make it work. I'm really thinking about getting setup to make my own stencils so I can offer custom marking on my stuff. Company called Martronics sells a system I'm looking at closely.

Back