Help identifying the maker of this knife

Aaron Gouge

Hey all,
We had a family get together this weekend and I brought a few knives that I recently finished. While sitting around with family my father brought out a custom knife my grandfather gave him in the early 80’s. Grandpa worked in Detriot at a specialized metal supply house. One of the cliants was a knife maker who Grandpa bought this particular knife from. Wonder if any of you could help me to identify the maker?

Attachments

• A7BFCF45-2734-46CC-BD9C-304A5CC35E4C.jpeg
    A7BFCF45-2734-46CC-BD9C-304A5CC35E4C.jpeg
    901.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 0ECF2C9E-6D3C-46BF-AE40-95267A03DB4F.jpeg
    0ECF2C9E-6D3C-46BF-AE40-95267A03DB4F.jpeg
    753.1 KB · Views: 53
There again is the case for using your name as your makers mark!

DITTO!! Not trying to hijack the thread, but it's sad when a maker doesn't have enough foresight mark their work in such as way that the knife/maker is identifiable.

Ed and C Craft,
I just recently finished designing my markers mark and I used my first initial and full last name. It was from reading on this forum and others that I chose to go with the full last name so hopefully down the road someone can identify my knifes with ease.
Going back the the knife in question to me the mark looks like a fjd with the j and d run together. Or it could be fpd but the down stroke of the p is a little unusual.
Once again any help would be appreciated.
Aaron

I did a google search on FJD knives and came up with Frank J. Dilluvio . He used his initials with a circle early in his career and then switched to using his full name. Here's the link .

Thanks Daniel!! That is very helpful!! I really appreciate it! I will see what I can find out about his knives and career. Was he well known in his later years?

Back