GREEN Hunter

How many layers before you flipped and how many after? Is that ladder or raindrop?
I start with about 21 or 25 layers of 1080/15N20 and it is forged vertically not horizontally. This is what gives you W's. The billet is ALWAYS forged verically this is what gives you the W's see attached picture
I usually stretch to about 16 inches cut in 4 stack and re-weld, stretch to about 16 inches cut in 4 stack and re-weld,stretch to about 12 inches cut in 3 stack and re-weld take that billet stretch it out and then take and put the raindrop pattern in it with my dies.
So it turns out to be 21- 4/4/3

crushed W's eyed.JPGcrushed ws.JPG

Interesting. It looks like a lower pattern count than that. Yeah. All of my 1084 stock is quarter inch thick so I go either 15 or 11 to start with. The couple of times I’ve done it, I think I tripled it up to 45 then flipped it and crushed it on the edge. Then I went 4–4.

Interesting. It looks like a lower pattern count than that. Yeah. All of my 1084 stock is quarter inch thick so I go either 15 or 11 to start with. The couple of times I’ve done it, I think I tripled it up to 45 then flipped it and crushed it on the edge. Then I went 4–4.
All my stock is 1/8 thick

Back