Got to love technology

C Craft

So tonight I am on the PC and I hear the wife say you stove is requesting your presence. Huh?? It is beeping so I walk in the kitchen just in time to hear beep, beep. So I walk to the stove and I hear beep, beep. So I check out the clock in the stove. This is an old Sears self cleaning. I have never used the self cleaning feature, frankly it is kind of SCARY! It locks the stove and boots the stove up too over 500*, basically incinerating anything left in the stove.
Now at this point maybe I should tell you my hearing is reaaaaaaaaaaaaally screwed up! I can't hear certain decimal levels at all and I am unable to determine direction of a sound sometimes. So I don't really believe it is the stove at this moment but, I will cut the power, and of course it is in the box outside! So I go out and cut the power to the range!
Then I hear it the dreaded beep, beep~~~ Dang-it this is getting old so I cut the power to the coffee pot, the microwave, and the refrigerator. And then I hear it the beep, beep.
Honey, you are going to have to come in hear and tell me where this is coming from. Six, beep, beeps later, she can't figure it out. Now this is a lady that in her younger years could hear a nat pass gas and tell you if he was flying or not!!
So I back out of the way and I hear beep, beep! This time it is so close to me I realize it came from behind me! It was the cordless handset to the phone that I keep in the shop most of the time. OK so it finds its way in to the house a lot!!
Yes dear, I will put it on the charger in the shop, on my way out to kick the breaker for the range back on!!

Got to love technology!!! upload_2017-9-25_21-52-57.jpeg

I know exactly what you mean about not being able to hear those high freq beeps - more than once the kids would come into boat and say "Dad, your watch is beeping"!!

Lol...we must be gettin' old...If the house phone is not in the dock...I cannot find it when ringing....sound doesn't give me direction anymore. The doc told me I am already starting to read lips...which explains why people seem to mumble when trying to talk to me with my back turned...

As long as I have my vision and hands...it's all good!!

I had my hearing tested and at the end of it the guys says, well I can tell you exactly what you can't hear! You can't hear little children, you can't hear a woman with a soft voice, and if your in an area where a fan or some machine is running you can't hear anyone!! Hey I said you have really got my hearing pegged, I says. We can fix that for about $2000 an ear. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat I said, I can't hear you anymore!!!

What you mean, I still use a flip-phone and every once in a while something pops up on the screen and I will go, Wow I didn't know I could do that!

Back