Good book

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I read a good book today,When All The Crosses are Gone,by Dr. Michael Youssef. It's about how the postmodern secularist and atheist are slowly removing all the crosses from this country,where this is leading and what we can do to reverse this trend. Sadly this is happening in many churches,not only public and government buildings and memorials.

Calvin your right on the money we are called to be in the world, not of the world. Often we must stand out as different from the masses.

Do you have any good tips for "Keeping the Cross where it belongs"

If your Christian or Jewish or what ever follower of God! Stand up and say NO WAY!
These people want to get rid of anything that makes them uncomfortable in the Non Belief! Say No!

The Cross or the Nativity set stays on public land.
The Menorah or Star of David STAYS during Pass over or whenever displayed Stays! It's been great since we started this country and it's still GREAT today!

If they had there way all of these symbols would be replaced with their Darwin Fish logo.

People with no foundation in their beliefs will always attack believers!

That's how you keep the Cross and other Judeo Christian belief oriented symbols flying!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Last edited:
The atheist,postmodern secularist,liberals,progressives always quote the first part of the first amendment "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion.",they always leave out the second part "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". The clause in the first amendment regarding religion reads,"Congress shallmake no law respecting the establishment of religion,OR THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF"(I added the emphasis )
They are slowly taking away our freedom of religion,don't stand for it!

I agree with you completely although i am an athiest myself. i do not attempt to critisize or question other peoples beliefs. i see no harm in any religious symbols being displayed in any area whatsoever, if there is a crucifix on a wall or on public land and this upsets you, dont look at it, simple.
just keep on walking and dont force your negativity in an area where it is not wanted or needed.

I agree with you completely although i am an athiest myself. i do not attempt to critisize or question other peoples beliefs. i see no harm in any religious symbols being displayed in any area whatsoever, if there is a crucifix on a wall or on public land and this upsets you, dont look at it, simple.
just keep on walking and dont force your negativity in an area where it is not wanted or needed.

Leighwill,
You are the exception,not the rule.
May I ask you a question? I am not trying to be provocative and you don't have to answer of course. Why are you hanging around a Christian forum if you are an atheist?

i like too learn about peoples different beliefs, i have friends who are sikh, muslim and buddhist and family members who are born again christians and i like to listen to them talk about their belief structure which helps me to understand them more as a person.
i have often seen your posts on bible passages and could see how they would guide people through hard times.
hope im not ruffling any feathers being here, i mean no harm i'm just inquisitive.

i like too learn about peoples different beliefs, i have friends who are sikh, muslim and buddhist and family members who are born again christians and i like to listen to them talk about their belief structure which helps me to understand them more as a person.
i have often seen your posts on bible passages and could see how they would guide people through hard times.
hope im not ruffling any feathers being here, i mean no harm i'm just inquisitive.

Your not ruffling my feathers,neither are you causing any harm. When an atheist walks into a group of Christians and declares "I am an atheist" it can cause some discomfort among us. As regarding Bible passages remember that the Bible is the word of God. If you are inquisitive I suggest that you read the Bible yourself,start with the gospel of John in the new testament then continue on into Acts and Romans,when you find yourself confused continue reading into 1st Corinthians when you get to verse 18, I hope it convicts you and causes you to turn to Christ and be born again and saved into everlasting life.

My sincere apologies i didn't realise. I will do as you say Mr Robinson, i will read those passages you mentioned, my fiance has a family bible so as soon as i have some spare time i will start reading, i am stubborn but open minded, but i promise you i will read those passages.
I sincerly hope i did not insult any members.

I would describe myself as a luke warm Christian believer .
I was born in a house of Science. Have Jewish roots and gravitated towards Christianity on my own in my early thirties. Ive read and studied all of the great religions.
I read this column because the Truth is the Truth no matter what Language or religion its it!
And I don't think that any one has a exclusive on god!

I enjoy the fellowship and people here.

Thanks for being here.
Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

I agree Calvin.

For me there is much to say on this subject, but not here, and not now.

Blessings brother.

Back