German boar hunting bowie

Hi fellow makers,

thats the most recent knive i made.
Its a Bowie with an 25cm Blade, stabilized alder handle, and a custom made epoxy spacer with gold leaf flakes in it. Designwise i wanted to bring traditional german hunting knifes and american bowies together.
You can see the customized wooden box i gave it away in. There are two tiny bottles with some cutoffs and steeldust from the making process. Just as a little extra for the customer. So he can have a little part in the making process everytime he opens the box. Hope you enjoy the pics. I officially ask for feedback. Just tell me what you think - good AND bad.

Regards
Markus

My project-1.jpg

My project-1(2).jpg
My project-1(3).jpg

My project-1(4).jpg

Thank you guys for the nice words! I Appreciate them a lot.
@KenH
I felt its always really hard to capture a big knive like that on camera. And i didn´t feel like have done a good job on that. But maybe thats just because i know how the knive looks in reality and constatly compare those two impression.

What do you guys think about that idea with those two tiny bottles? I realy want to know your opinion. Useless? Nice? Dont get it!

Well, the two tiny bottles made me wonder what they were - still like to know. Props usually help present a knife better. Just what are the two tiny bottles?

I thought the two tiny bottles were filled with some kind of oil for the knife. Or something similar

With each knife I sell, the customer gets instructions for the care and feeding of their new knife. Included is a small container of caranauba wax and one of saddle soap. Seems to make them happy !

I'm not a big fan of bowies or brut d'forge but the more I look at that knife the more I like it. That handle really makes me wish that I could pick it up.

Doug

Hi guys,
Yes one bottle contains a little bit of oil to take care of the blade. The other bottle has cutoffs and steeldust in it. I just felt it completes the whole package. It also looks better with the bottles in the box to acompany the knife. I hoped to make the process of buying a more enjoyable experience. Returning customers you know :) Since it was a little expensive i felt like doing it.
Here is a closeup:
My project-1.png

Topview of the handle:
My project-1(1).png

Back