Frame Handle ready for final assembly

AkWildman

Well this one is ready to assemble for good,all the parts are fit up perfectly and ready to go.Blade is hand forged from 52100 ,press fit guard and spacer are nickel silver, frame is O1,liners are G10,scales are S grade ivory replacement and the pins are stainless. I will post some good pics after it has its leather .IMG_20200509_195025_727.jpgIMG_20200509_195025_742.jpgIMG_20200509_195025_747.jpgIMG_20200509_195025_731.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. The more I look at it the more details my eye finds. The file work / sculpting from the last pin to the butt is so pretty.

Can’t wait to see it finished. Going to be so very nice.

I have a question for you smart knife people. Is this knife called a California Bowie??

Can’t wait to see it finished. Going to be so very nice.

I have a question for you smart knife people. Is this knife called a California Bowie??
Thanks Dennis, from what I can ascertain a California knife or Bowie wouldn't be any paticular style except from what I have read the 1800s California makers used lots of walrus ivory ,abalone and other local materials such as gold to add there own fb Blair and bling factor.Two of the early makers who I'm drawn to from the work that still exists are Samuel Bell and Alfred Hunter. Another one that comes to mind is a specimen made by Charles Reinhardt of Baltimore made for General Winfield Scott. The work done on the handle reminds me alot of our Mr Doyle.

Back