Found a knifemaker to learn from

wall e

Per the suggestions of many of the experienced makers I found a local maker who also happens to make damascus to learn from.
So during the days that the teenagers are off from school and I am off work I will be learning as much as I can.

No unfortunately. He is a master of his craft though he has made some elaborate and collector grade knives.
Here is ne of them I got a pic of. The site his knives were sold on this knife sold for around 900.00 I believe. The price tag of the blades isnt what made me want to learn from him it was the fact that he was recommended by the fellows I get my leather from.
uploadfromtaptalk1446882999327.jpg

I like that folder of his, but then one of mine could have been a near copy. My styling and his seem to run very much the same. Just that would have to make him a great (yuk, yuk) maker. No I don't make Damascus. You've found the right place for sure !
Frank

Oh he has some good yuk yuk jokes. This is actually an automatic opening work of art.
But for sure Frank I hope to learn as much as I can in a few weeks of time I can weasel from family mornings.
It takes him about a week to two weeks to make a billet and blade.
One of the blades he showed me had a left and right turkish twist with a star pattern down the center seperated by two bands of 15n20.

Back