forum software upgrade - really this time, probably, maybe, cross your fingers

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We have contracted for a new tech support company for KnifeDogs. They specialize in forum support like ours. Our last one was in the wind, got back to us and then disappeared again.

This new tech support outfit seems like they will get us through our v5 upgrade. Expect bugs once we get set up with the new version. At least count, the bug list is like 2000+ for this version...which seems high and it is but the vast majority of those bugs are for features we don't use. This version was tested for nearly a year so it should be fairly stable. If we go down, keep trying, we will be back up as soon as we can.

We may get this done this time, really.
Maybe.

I'm assuming the outage from last night until just now on my end was related to this? Glad it's back up now.

I kept getting an "Internal Server Error" message last night and earlier this morning. Now I'll be able to sleep tonight.

The host company was upgrading the Php software for the vBulletin upgrade we are in the middle of. Expect a little more down time as the the support teams work through the upgrade process.

The tech guys hit some kind of snag today (and yesterday and the day before) when they attempted to upgrade the software...

we continue to try and get it done...

Back