First try at snap over sheath

franklin

Well my first try at a snap were the strap is built into the sheath in one cut. IT was different to say the least. Any changes you guys would suggest?
Kind of liked making this one so i would like to hear you thoughts.

Last edited:
Franklin , it looks good ... 2 things .. 1 , I would dye the whole package ... 2 , I wouldn't put the strap by the cutting edge , try it coming from the other side .

Bill where would i put the snap coming from other side? Right now it goes through the finger groove. I guess i just cant see how it would come from other side give me awhile and it will kick me. i like the dye ideal just dont have any. I just used a little oil on it right now.
Thanks for the feed back Bill.

Larry,
The local supermarket (or Piggly Wiggly) should have shoe dye in the shoe polish section. This works well on raw side of the hide.

Looks great.

Steve

I'd say stick with separate piece of strap either sewn or riveted. That way the belt portion can be face grain leather instead of rough. Also, then you can change the strap location and orientation. Nice work... I love doing the entire product, knife, heat treat, and sheath... Independence and progress... Keep it up!!

Back