FIF

opaul

I’ve seen a little change in a few of the latest showings. The 4 youngest bladesmith episode was really good IMHO. The guys turned out some nice work.
I’m really surprised that they didn’t try to get more talent in the 200th episode.
Judge Bakers fantasy knife episode was pretty good.
NTL it’s good to see episodes where the contestants are given quality steel to work with.
I still cringe when they bash metal obstacles in testing.

The show pushes what constitutes good knife making and some of those strength tests are nothing but abuse of the blades, like chopping Elk antlers or stabbing into steel drums. Also, sooner or later, they are going to have to run out of weapons for the contestants to replicate.

Doug

The show pushes what constitutes good knife making and some of those strength tests are nothing but abuse of the blades, like chopping Elk antlers or stabbing into steel drums. Also, sooner or later, they are going to have to run out of weapons for the contestants to replicate.

Doug
I’m guessing they are going to run out of contestants pretty quick too.

I totally agree that "young guns" episode was the best I've seen. The judges handled it properly by letting all 4 proceed to next round, those blades were just so close.

Back