Do you know the difference between a fairytale and a lie??

C Craft

Not sure where to put this so here goes. I am on the net doing some research and this knife pops up under the heading of Mountain Man Bowie!!

I am going to post the link in case I can't post the rest of this because this is too good to miss!!
All you collectors will be sorry you missed this one!!

http://www.icollector.com/Mountain-Man-Bowie-Knife-Circa-1860-s_i27028726

Online Collectibles Auctions
Create AccountSign In

OK so it didn't let me copy all of it. This knife sold for #$30.00, plus (3.90) buyer's premium. + applicable fees & taxest auction to someone on the floor. Which means he paid roughly $37.00 for it!!! I hope who ever got it didn't feel to let down when he found out he paid to much!
images
Below is one I found for sale on the net!!! Minus the handle aging (sanding to remove the Old Hickory) label and mustard application to the blade!!! LOL

+ ENLARGE IMAGE

OLD HICKORY BUTCHER KNIFE
WRITE A REVIEW
QUANTITY

Just like the ones you see at your meat counter! A pointed tip and broad belly means you can easily portion meats. Durable carbon steel is treated to hold a sharper edge over time. Each full-tang, rivet, hickory-handled knife is hand-sharpened before being shipped out from the upstate New York forge. Made since 1889.

• Carbon steel blade
  • Hand-wash only
  • Dry thoroughly to keep rust-free
  • 7"L
DETAILS
This knife has a carbon steel blade. Carbon steel is known for keeping a sharp edge, but requires a little more tender, love and care. For best care, make sure you keep the knife dry. Clean after use, especially when using with high acidic foods. We also recommend applying a little knife oil onto the blade.

This one sells for $12.99! I guess it is true their is fool born everyday!!!! Now don't all you collectors just feel sick for missing this one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:
I forgot to tell you the difference between a fairytale and a lie. A fairy tale begins, "once upon a time" and a lie begins "this is no $4!7!!!!

So this one being a 1860's Bowie definitely wasn't a Fairy Tale!!!

Last edited:
Back