Dave Cole Memorial Award and others.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
If you have been following the KD Members Choice Awards forum you know that this years winners will win a plaque as well as a free personal forum for one year. But did you know that the Leatherwork category winner will recieve the "Dave Cole Memorial Award"?

You too can sponsor an award for your favorite category. Know of a special person or company that could be honored by having their name on an award? For a small donation to pay for engraving and shipping this could be done.

Think of the "Stanley Cup", the "Vince Lombardi trophy, the "Harley Earl trophy", the list goes on and on, use your imagination.

Post up or PM me for help.

....someday I see myself winning the "Aldo Cup".. what a dream........

Thanks,
Steve

You read my mind, I was thinking about this the other day. It will be an honor to who ever wins the Dave Cole Memorial Award

RIP Dave.

On a side note maybe next year a Bob Loveless award for loveless style knives!

Big Ern,
Although a "Bob Loveless" award would be very prestigious, I hesitate to promote an award for a very specific knife style.
I see very few Loveless reproductions on this forum.

I feel that this forum is THE leader in promoting the advancement of freedom and artistic license in knifemaking while still adhereing to our roots. Not sure we would want a landslide of clones just to win a specific award. Just my opinion, hit me with more ideas.

The ideal situation would be to have vendors and suppliers sponsor these awards (not just Tracy footing the entire bill) to show their support to the end user of their products. A commitment by such a sponsor for a multi year award would be great.

Although I was joking on an earlier post about the "Aldo Cup", just think of the "the Bader Award, the TekLoc Trophy, the Elmax Scholarship awarded to our Best New Maker Award winner. This could be as simple as the entry to a "Hammer In".
I know I'm rambling, but we have to keep the ideas flowing.

Steve

maybe the Nut Cup?

If you have been following the KD Members Choice Awards forum you know that this years winners will win a plaque as well as a free personal forum for one year. But did you know that the Leatherwork category winner will recieve the "Dave Cole Memorial Award"?

You too can sponsor an award for your favorite category. Know of a special person or company that could be honored by having their name on an award? For a small donation to pay for engraving and shipping this could be done.

Think of the "Stanley Cup", the "Vince Lombardi trophy, the "Harley Earl trophy", the list goes on and on, use your imagination.

Post up or PM me for help.

....someday I see myself winning the "Aldo Cup".. what a dream........

Thanks,
Steve

Boss,
Ya think we could get Big Jim from Ohio to kick in and call it "The Coffee Cup"?

Awesome!

Regarding your comment about the Loveless Award. I do agree with you but also think that it has the possibility to get more knife makers to come to our site, join and be active members. There are quite a few out there that make loveless style knives but I do agree with you.

Just thought that we could think about adding another category. For the guys that make razors, balis, machetes, and other "odd" knives. Maybe call it the Odd
knives category.

I am sure I can think of more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back