Damascus skinner...

bladegrinder

Here's a skinner I just finished. Alabama Damascus blade, black G10 bolsters, stabilized spalted Maple scales with red liners, nickel silver pins and lanyard hole. hand stitched leather sheath, blade is 3.5" and the handle is just over 4"
these pictures were taken on the tailgate of my truck outside so they didn't come out too good. it actually looks better in person :D,
Thanks for looking !

ENYW1om.jpg

2IHTECj.jpg

Real nice Steve, love the handle and the Damascus reminds of watching a lightening storm!! thumb up.jpg

Very nice. I don't think I've seen Damascus with that much contrast before. I like it! And the wood is beautiful.

Real nice Steve, love the handle and the Damascus reminds of watching a lightening storm!! View attachment 69152

Thanks guys, Cliff, that's what I was thinking when I used the spalted maple, it has thin black lines running thru it.
I was going to carve some lightning bolts in the sheath but after trying on some scrap leather I couldn't come up with anything that didn't look cartoonish or something that kind of resembled an SS logo so I canned the whole idea.

Back