Damascus Nakiri/veggie knife Spirograph pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Alright guys, This one is back and ready for delivery. After taking a trip to Chicago and being used for a couple weeks its back with a blush of blue patina.. And I have to find a new home for it!!

The Chef reported that it was a laser and handled everything he threw at it.. and only wished it was within his budget at the moment.. (which was only 300.00) Because he would add it to his array of knives in a heart beat.. With a tear in his eye, he gave it back.. lolol I may be exaggerating about the tear, but he was sad to have to send this knife back.. :D

OK so hears the deal. now the knife is used, even though ever so slightly. Its not been sharpened. or altered from its original profile and edge. I just took it back to my 5000 G stone and then stropped it a few times to make sure the edge was ready to roll!

Asking $850.00 + shipping Either post Ill take it or PM for payment and shipping details. Comes with a wood carry box, see attachments.

Heres the specs. and new pics of the patina. Please see attachment to view pics of patina.

OAL 14 1/6" : 385mm
Blade 8 1/4" : 210mm (1095 and 15n20 RC 59/60) measures 55mm tall at the heel, tapering to 46mm 1 inch behind the tip.
Spine : Measured above the heel, then halfway between heel and edge, and then just above the edge. measured at heel midway then 1/2" behind the tip.
2.2mm, 1.9mm, .81mm At spine
1.6mm, 1.1mm, .70mm Mid way
.33mm, .29mm, .24mm Above the cutting edge.
Handle 5" : 127mm at longest. 20mm thick : 24mm tapering to 27mm high.

Just for fun I took the edge measurement at the tip just above the bevel and converted it to inches.. Its ridiculous. lol .009" Thats CRAZY thin!! And thats above the sharpening bevel. To get a idea of exactly how thin this is, Its about the same thickness as 3 pieces of computer paper. Its a LASER!

The handles are Stabilized Buckeye burl with copper pins and black vulcanized spacers and liners. . Inspired by some of the handles that I seen in the Fish thread..

featherpettyNakirispoons052-1.jpg
featherpettyNakirispoons053-1.jpg
featherpettyNakirispoons054-1.jpg
featherpettyNakirispoons064.jpg
featherpettyNakirispoons063.jpg
featherpettyNakirispoons062.jpg
featherpettyNakirispoons083-1.jpg
featherpettyNakirispoons086-1.jpg

Attachments

• Nkiri. and Terrys knife 021.jpg
    Nkiri. and Terrys knife 021.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 8