Custom Leather Stamp?

Oh sweet, I'm glad you posted this.

I found that guy on ebay a while back but didn't ever order. I was really curious though how it would work out. But now that I see it, I might have to jump in on the bandwagon as well.

Just wondering if any of you have a Tandy store nearby. There's one in Omaha, about 1/2 hour from me. They provide free classes for beginners, and for the more advanced (they profit plenty from sales generated). I would highly recommend the class for anyone if it's available nearby.
My son and I took it together a few years ago. I think he was about 15 at the time.
Not only is that time forever tucked away in my 'Dad's Fond Memory Stash', but we both learned a lot together, and ended up acquiring some essential tools. The classes was taught by some veteran leather workers. I would say the two 'teachers' equaled some of the more advanced knifemakers here (but in leather working). They offered a saddle-making class too, for the more advanced.
Unfortunately, it seems that things like that are falling by the wayside as the internet takes the place of actual stores and personal contact. But- the internet's not all bad- tapping into the wisdom, experience, and constructive criticism of you guys here is a great blessing!

Back