Chopper Sheath

I need to start playing with this. I can do the Kydex but a lot of the knives I've been doing should have a Leather sheath.

I need to start playing with this. I can do the Kydex but a lot of the knives I've been doing should have a Leather sheath.
I need to learn Kydex! That would come in handy on some of the style blades I want to start making. After Rick posted the Slayvek recommendation, I checked some of his videos out and he uses a Teflon griddle to heat up his Kydex material. It’s amazing what you can learn as well as raise your eyebrows on you tube.

I need to learn Kydex! That would come in handy on some of the style blades I want to start making. After Rick posted the Slayvek recommendation, I checked some of his videos out and he uses a Teflon griddle to heat up his Kydex material. It’s amazing what you can learn as well as raise your eyebrows on you tube.

I use a toaster oven but I think the griddle is the way to go.

It’s amazing what you can learn as well as raise your eyebrows on you tube.
Lol! Yes...and both are exciting. That is a real nice sheath OP! I want to play with kydex...but...still developing my "production" techniques for leather sheaths. So much to learn in knifemaking....never enough time...

Back