Camper in CruforgeV and micarta

silver_pilate

I finished this one up tonight for a customer. It's 1/4" Cruforge V, flat ground, hand sanded to 600 grit, black linen micarta and red vulcanized spacers secured with acraglas and corby bolts. The knife has a 4.25" cutting edge, 9" OAL, and is balanced at the index finger groove. This steel really takes a good edge, especially with a good stropping. The sheath is kydex with a Tec-Loc. Hope you guys and the customer like it.

IMG_7751.jpg

IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7756.jpg

IMG_7757.jpg

Thanks for looking!

--nathan

Last edited:
So, Nathan.....how are you liking the CruForgeV? I have 300 pounds of the stuff, bnut I haven't forged any yet. Been busy finishing up the stuff I had forged in W2.

VERY NICE Nathan!!!

Very pleasing lines and super clean! Cool to be seeing a few pieces coming along in CruForge. I have some but it will be old news by the time I get a knife made out of it. ;) :D

Thanks for sharing bud :)

Thanks, guys! You know me, Nick...I'm all about pleasing lines :D. I've always been a fan of simple-done-well. If the basics aren't done right, no matter how much fluf you throw at it, it will still not impress.

JM, the Cruforge V works really well. I haven't forged any, but it grinds easily, hardens nicely, and sharpens well. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the finish it tends to take when sanding. It wants to get an "orange peel" texture pretty easily. You have to keep sharp paper to it. I think it would look great with a scotchbrite finish, and I tried that out before hand sanding. It also rusts in the blink of an eye at lower grits when you dunk in the water bucket. Be sure to spray it down with WD40 if you're going to be leaving it and coming back later to work on it.

I'm hoping to score a forge very soon, so I'll try my hand at pounding on some of the stuff and let you know how it goes.

--nathan

Thanks, guys! You know me, Nick...I'm all about pleasing lines :D. I've always been a fan of simple-done-well. If the basics aren't done right, no matter how much fluf you throw at it, it will still not impress.

JM, the Cruforge V works really well. I haven't forged any, but it grinds easily, hardens nicely, and sharpens well. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the finish it tends to take when sanding. It wants to get an "orange peel" texture pretty easily. You have to keep sharp paper to it. I think it would look great with a scotchbrite finish, and I tried that out before hand sanding. It also rusts in the blink of an eye at lower grits when you dunk in the water bucket. Be sure to spray it down with WD40 if you're going to be leaving it and coming back later to work on it.

I'm hoping to score a forge very soon, so I'll try my hand at pounding on some of the stuff and let you know how it goes.

--nathan
As for paper, spend the extra money and get some Norton Black Ice. I never thought that paper could make such a difference.

I absolutely LOVE everything about that knife!! 2thumbs 2thumbs And I want one!!
clap.gif
punk.gif
rockon.gif

Back