Buying knife making supplies question?

Dave Broughton

Where are some good puter order places to get, for example, buffer wheels and tools? I also like to look at blades and handle material......

Usaknifemaker.com is a great outlet with nearly everything you could want. Jantz is also a go-to. Both have print catalogs, as well. I don't obtain much anywhere else, anymore, aside from large quantities of blade steel which are from Admiral or nsm-ny.com

You may also want to browse Knife & gun Finishing supply. knifeandgun.com
Another place with lots of handle materials, Steel etc. alphaknifesupply.com

Not sure where you are from but if you're from Canada, Canadian Knife Maker supply is a great place to buy supplies. Rob and Maralyn are awesome people to deal with.
Jim

I second Alpha knife supply, if usaknifemaker doesn't stock it I check there.
Tru grit.com
knifekits.com

Thanks to all above for the info......it will help me out for sure and I imagine a lot of newbies on here......looking forward to checking out these supply houses.......

You may also want to browse Knife & gun Finishing supply. knifeandgun.com
Another place with lots of handle materials, Steel etc. alphaknifesupply.com

I went to K&G and I found a number of things I wanted and when I got to shipping it put a halt to my order. The shipping was more than what I was wanting to buy. It killed the savings I was looking at. I hope this isn't a cross the board thing I'm facing......I buy from Premier and North Coast knife supply and I haven't noticed the shipping that expensive. On top of that, the guy at North Coast is great to deal with. I just ordered some black and torquoise spacing and he got the order messed up and shipped me what I wanted asap at no cost.......Great CS.....

The mail service charges are the same from anyone to you. In Canada and to Canada they are huge compared with the USA and very slow. I have used all of the above mentioned supply houses except the ones you mentioned and have found them all to be great places to deal with Frank

Glad I checked this post out. I'm sure I've visited all of those sites before, but forget about the ones I don't use very often. It's a good idea to have resources for those hard to find items. Even Boss runs out of stuff from time to time. (No offense Boss)

Glad I checked this post out. I'm sure I've visited all of those sites before, but forget about the ones I don't use very often. It's a good idea to have resources for those hard to find items. Even Boss runs out of stuff from time to time. (No offense Boss)

I do like to post a question that I figure more than myself will be interested in. I have used most of the sites suggested here but some I didn't know existed. I hope it helps a bunch more folks......

Back