Bruce Bump File Guide

Very cool that you and Benton have taken this stainless challenge and run with it !

I get some rust on my guide also but it doesn't cause me any issues whatsoever. I squirt a little Ballistol on the pins to keep it functioning perfectly.

6 miles from the coast and pretty much everything will form rust in my shop too.

As for the blade dunking. Sheesh :) Am I the only blademaking whippersnapper around who grinds thin and practically refuses to order enough belts to keep himself from using them way beyond their reasonable lifespan ?

Do to my admitted knifemaking inmaturity I grind until my thumbs on fire and blade, guide, hand and all go in the dunk bucket. I'm so messy about it I've thought of setting up a grinder in the shower driven by a super long belt through the wall. Even with a water-cooled shower grinder I'd still need my Bruce Bump file guide to keep me straight.

Just love the guide and still couldn't be any happier with it !

Thanks so much Bruce ! This tool has helped immesurably to improve my plunges :)

Merry Christmas Y'all

-Josh

Very cool that you and Benton have taken this stainless challenge and run with it !

As for the blade dunking. Sheesh :) Am I the only blademaking whippersnapper around who grinds thin and practically refuses to order enough belts to keep himself from using them way beyond their reasonable lifespan ?
Thank
-Josh
Josh,
I have found that using the Norton Budget Ceramics or my new fav, The VSM ceramic belts from www.tru-grit.com has decreased my grinding time per knife.
As soon as these show any sign of loss of cutting I move them to my profiling & primary beveling pile.

Fresh sharp belts are the key! and at these prices I am still saving over the 3M and my use to be favorite Norton Blaze belts.

OK. Now back to Bruce's great file guides.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

If I click on the link to tru-grit on your post it goes to retro racing, which says they've moved. I can go to my favorites and click on tru-grit and it goes to the tru-grit site with no problem.

Back