Boot knife kydex sheath

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
A friend of mine needed a new sheath for his Kershaw boot knife so I made one out of kydex for him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 98
Calvin, that looks good! I just started using Kydex with a Vacuum box. How far from the blade do you put the rivets? Mine sheaths are coming out big looking................

Great job on the sheath, I'm sending you all my knives from now on, til forever. :biggrin:
What kind of foam are you using to press the shape?

Peter

Calvin, that looks good! I just started using Kydex with a Vacuum box. How far from the blade do you put the rivets? Mine sheaths are coming out big looking................

The flange of the sheath is 1/2" wide and the rivets are centered,so,1/4".

Great job on the sheath, I'm sending you all my knives from now on, til forever. :biggrin:
What kind of foam are you using to press the shape?

Peter

Peter,
Go ahead and send me all your knives,you'll never get them back.:biggrin:
The foam I use is 1" thick Rubbertex,it's a black open cell insulating material used in the air conditioning and refrigeration industry. I've used it all my life for insulation on refrigeration piping and thought it would work well forming Kydex and,it does. Look for the sheets of it,you can find it in various thicknesses,a refrigeration supply house should have it but I warn you,it's expensive,but as you can see it works very well.

Back